Monday, November 11, 2013

It's not me, it's you

Why don't you see me anymore?
Why don't you say hello?
Did I not wave the proper way?
Did I come on too strong?
Is there somebody else?
No. We wouldn't have connected so much if there was.
Or maybe we didn't.
Maybe it was me, maybe it's always me.
Maybe I'm too picky.
Maybe I'm too quiet.
Maybe I'm too hairy?
Maybe I'm too large?
Maybe I'm just not what you're looking for.
Maybe you're just not what I'm looking for.
Maybe my subconscious knows something.
Maybe I'm giving you too much credit.
Maybe I'm not giving myself enough credit?
That's it. I'm not. I'm not too picky, too quiet,
Too hairy, or too large. I'm fine just the way I am.
I love myself for hating those things.
You don't know it, but I'm quite a catch.
And you didn't see it.
Good luck to you, but I have better things to do..
Than spend my time, chasing you.

By: Amber Urbshas

No comments:

Post a Comment